The 2020/21 Premier League campaign kicks off this weekend and with a number of other exciting domestic divisions across Europe sparking into life alongside it, a whole host of exciting punting opportunities are opening up.
Running alongside the more popular match result and goals markets for the games are the often overlooked but equally lucrative corners and cards options offered by the bookies.
Those particular markets require some extra elbow-grease and research to find trends worth backing – and that can sometimes be a little off-putting.
However, at FST we’ve done all the hard work to bring you the very best value in the corners and cards markets this week – and below, we’ve compiled a five-fold accumulator based on our research that comes in at a tasty 17/1 for a selection of the weekend’s action.
Don’t forget – you can also find all of our match previews and betting tips for all the fixtures we cover on our football predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
Saturday 12 September
Fulham vs Arsenal (Premier League)
Betting Tip: Arsenal -2.0 corner handicap @21/20
- Only Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea won more Premier League corners than Arsenal last season.
- Arsenal won eight corners to Fulham’s 3 the last time the teams faced off in the top flight.
- Arsenal are expected to play on the front foot and dominate proceedings at newly promoted Fulham this weekend.
Crystal Palace vs Southampton (Premier League)
- Crystal Palace are without a whole host of first team players at the weekend, and that should allow Southampton to play the game in the host’s half.
- Only four clubs won fewer corners than Crystal Palace in the Premier League last season.
- Southampton meanwhile, ranked 6th for total Premier League corners won in 2019/20.
Betting Tip: Southampton corner match bet @8/13
Liverpool vs Leeds (Premier League)
- With just 39 cards collected over the course of the season, Liverpool were the Premier League’s best behaved team last term.
- In contrast, Leeds picked up 74 cards in the Championship in 2019/20.
- Just 14 of the 39 cards gathered by Liverpool in 2019/20 were brandished at Anfield.
Betting Tip: Leeds +0.0 card handicap @10/11
West Ham vs Newcastle (Premier League)
- Just one player was booked the last time West Ham and Newcastle met in July.
- Only 2.0 cards per 90 minutes were shown in the two Premier League meetings between the clubs last term.
- West Ham and Newcastle were two of just six Premier League clubs to not have a man sent off in 2019/20.
Betting Tip: Under 3.5 total cards @4/5
Bournemouth vs Blackburn (Championship)
- Blackburn ranked 13th in the Championship last season for total corners won.
- Despite being relegated, Bournemouth won more corners than nine other Premier League clubs last term.
- Bournemouth will be keen to start their fresh campaign in a positive manner and their forays forward should be rewarded with attempts and corners.
Betting Tip: Bournemouth corner match bet @4/6
FST’s Corners and Cards Acca
Single bets are all well and good, but everyone loves a cheeky odds-boosting acca! This weekend we’ve gone for a tasty looking 17/1 5-fold featuring our selections from above.
More FST News: