We’ve hardly had chance to draw breath after a record breaking weekend of Premier League action which saw a massive 44 goals scored, and on Saturday it all comes to a head again as Manchester United visit Brighton in the first top flight match of the weekend.
However, we’re not here just for the goals. This is all about the more abstract tallies of the cards and corners, and while these markets do require a bit of extra elbow grease to research they often hide a lot of extra value. We showed this last week as three of our four selections landed, missing out on our 13/1 accumulator by just a single yellow card!
Want some numbers? Last weekend there were 112 corners awarded in the Premier League, with the highest tally coming from the King Power Stadium as Leicester won the corner count by a massive 15-4. Meanwhile, the referee’s handed out some 28 yellow cards and a higher than average four red cards across the course of the weekend.
But you don’t have to put that extra work in, because our experts at FST have done all the hard work for you. We’ve delved in to Saturday’s quartet of Premier League action to bring you the very best cards and corners betting tips and predictions.
Then, we’ve combined them all into a tasty looking 12/1 accumulator!
Not satisfied with just cards and corners predictions? You can find the rest of our betting tips over on our Premier League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
Brighton vs Manchester United
- Brighton have won just five corners in their two Premier League games this season.
- The Seagulls won an average of 4.68 corners per game last season.
- Manchester United won the corner count 9-3 against Crystal Palace in their only league game of the season so far.
Betting tip: Man Utd -1 Corner Handicap
Crystal Palace vs Everton
- Everton have picked up just one card in their two Premier League games this season.
- Over 3.5 cards hasn’t landed in any of these teams’ combined four league matches this season.
- So far this season, Everton’s two matches have averaged 2.0 cards per game and Crystal Palace’s have averaged 3.0 cards per game.
Betting tip: Under 3.5 Cards
West Brom vs Chelsea
- Only four clubs collected more yellow cards than West Brom in the Championship last season.
- West Brom have averaged 1.5 cards per game in their two Premier League matches so far.
- Chelsea’s opponents averaged 2.24 cards per game in the Premier League last season.
Betting tip: West Brom Over 1.5 Team Cards
Burnley vs Southampton
- Southampton have seen their opponents pick up two or more cards in both their Premier League matches this season.
- Southampton’s opponents averaged 2.0 cards per game when the Saints played away from home last term.
- Burnley averaged 2.0 cards per game in the Premier League last season
Betting tip: Burnley Over 1.5 Team Cards
Best value single: James Ward-Prowse to be Booked
- Southampton have picked up five yellow cards in two games this season.
- James Ward-Prowse was booked more than any other Southampton player last season (9), with six of these coming away from St Mary’s Stadium.
FST’s cards and corners acca
Single bets are all well and good, but everyone loves a cheeky odds-boosting acca! This weekend we’ve gone for a tasty looking 12/1 four-fold featuring our selections from above.
More FST News: