Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
Analysing the Premier League has never been more of a numbers game, and here at FST we’ve been crunching the numbers to identify patterns among the reams of statistics and figures to help you approach the betting markets with more confidence.
With those key numbers and statistics in mind, we’ve compiled a list of useful pieces of information that are worth remembering ahead of the latest round of 2020/21 Premier League fixtures.
On Saturday, there are five exciting looking Premier Laegue encounters to look forward and below we’ve put together a tasty looking 36/1 acca built around stat selections from our research.
For more detailed analysis of each of the weekend’s top flight games, we recommend you check out our Premier League predictions page for the latest match previews.
Best bookmaker for football betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for all of your Premier League betting needs and to suit our stats-based selections. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
36/1 Premier League Stat Attack Acca
Both Aston Villa and Arsenal are looking to bounce back from midweek disappointment when the sides meet for what promises to be an entertaining clash at Villa Park.
- Six of the nine goals scored in games between Villa and Arsenal since the Villains’ promotion have been scored in the second half.
- 62.7% of all the goals scored in league games involving Aston Villa this season were plundered after the interval.
- Aston Villa have conceded twice as many goals in the second half than the first half of their league fixtures this term (16-8).
Betting tip: Most goals in the second half @1/1
Fresh from conquering Tottenham and Liverpool in successive games, in-form Brighton are aiming to prolong their winning streak at Burnley’s expense at Turf Moor.
- One of Burnley or Brighton has failed to score in four of the last seven meetings between the clubs.
- Burnley have failed to score in five of their last eight Premier League matches.
- One team has failed to register in five of Brighton’s last six top-flight fixtures.
Betting tip: Both teams to score – no @3/4
All eyes will be on St. James’ Park to see how Southampton recover from their harrowing 9-0 loss to Manchester United on Tuesday. Can the Saints muster a response against the Magpies?
- Only Crystal Palace (12) have conceded more goals in the final 15 minutes of Premier League games than Newcastle overall so far this season (11).
- Only four Premier League clubs have notched more goals in the final 15 minutes than Newcastle (10) this term however.
- No team has conceded more away goals in the final 15 minutes than Southampton in 2020/21 (six).
Betting tip: Goal scored after 73:59 @5/6
Top four contenders West Ham can push Fulham ever closer to relegation with a victory in Saturday’s London derby at Craven Cottage.
- West Ham have been level at half time in seven of their 11 Premier League away matches this season.
- Fulham were drawing with their opponents at half time in four of their last five Premier League home assignments.
- West Ham and Fulham were locked at 0-0 at the interval in their reverse league fixture back in November.
Betting tip: Half time result – Draw @6/5
Manchester United vs Everton
Man Utd roared to victory in sensational style against Southampton in midweek, though a date with Carlo Ancelotti’s Toffees looks like a far sterner test in the making.
- Only Leicester City (10) have been awarded more Premier League penalties than Man Utd (seven) this season.
- Man Utd and Everton have conceded eight penalties between them this term (four each).
- Four penalties have been awarded in the last nine league meetings between Man Utd and Everton (two each).
Betting tip: A penalty in the match – 13/8
A 5-fold accumulator featuring out Premier League stats selections above is available at 36/1 odds with bet365!
Remember – you can find detailed breakdowns of all the week’s club football fixtures with betting tips for each game on our Premier League betting tips page.
More FST News:
- 1 hour ago
- Betting Odds
- 1 day ago
- Betting Odds