Analysing the Premier League has never been more of a numbers game, and here at FST we come armed with analysts capable of finding the patterns among the reams of statistics and figures to help you approach the betting markets with more confidence.
With those key numbers and statistics in mind, we’ve compiled a list of useful pieces of information that are worth remembering ahead of the latest round of 2020/21 Premier League fixtures.
This weekend, there is another action packed eight match programme to look forward to in the world’s most exciting domestic division, and below we’ve put together a tasty looking 70/1 acca built around stat selections from our research.
For more detailed analysis of each of the weekend’s top flight games, we recommend you check out our Premier League predictions page for the latest match previews.
Best bookmaker for football betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for all of your Premier League betting needs and to suit our stats-based selections. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on football, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
Premier League stat attack predictions
Saturday, December 19th
Liverpool have been poor travellers this season and the Reds face another tricky looking test against a Crystal Palace team that often excels against the division’s biggest and best.
- Liverpool have scored more goals (7) during the last 15 minutes than any other 15-minute segment of their games this season.
- Crystal Palace have conceded 38% of their total goals inside the last 15 minutes of their matches this term.
- There has been a goal scored after the 84th minute in each of the last three meetings between Crystal Palace and Liverpool at Selhurst Park.
Betting tip: Late goal: after 76:59 @5/6
High flying Southampton face another stern test of their top four aspirations when they welcome Manchester City to St. Mary’s Stadium on Saturday.
- 72% of the Premier League goals conceded by Southampton this season were shipped in the second half.
- Eight of the last nine goals conceded by the Saints were plundered by their opponents after the half time interval.
- The average minute for goals scored against Southampton this season is the 58th.
Betting tip: Away team highest scoring half: second @11/10
Arsenal carry a dismal record of one win from their last nine Premier League fixtures into their Goodison Park meeting with an Everton team that are riding high following successive wins over Chelsea and Leicester.
- Arsenal have won only one of their last nine Premier League fixtures, scoring just three goals in total along the way.
- The Gunners would be second from bottom if Premier League matches finished at half time this season.
- Arsenal have been leading just once in 13 Premier League games at half time so far this term.
Betting tip: Half time result: Everton @2/1
Sunday, December 20th
Title chasing Tottenham Hotspur will be desperate to bounce back from their Anfield setback when they take on Brendan Rodgers’ temperamental Leicester City team in North London.
- 100% of the last four goals Tottenham have scored against Leicester were notched in the first half.
- 60% of Spurs’ total Premier League goals this season were registered in the first half of their games.
- Leicester have conceded 10 goals in the first half of their league contests this term compared to seven in the second.
Betting tip: Home team highest scoring half: first @12/5
Old rivals Manchester United and Leeds square off at Old Trafford on Sunday in what should prove an entertaining clash at Old Trafford.
- Only Fulham (seven) have conceded more goals in the opening 15 minutes in the Premier League than Man Utd (five) this season.
- Only Crystal Palace, Fulham and Tottenham have seen more goals in the opening 15 minutes of their games than Leeds (seven) this term.
- A goal has been scored inside the opening 24 minutes in seven of Man Utd’s last 10 fixtures in all competitions.
Betting tip: Early goal: before 24:00 @5/6
A 5-fold accumulator featuring out Premier League stats selections above is available at 70/1 odds with bet365!
Remember – you can find detailed breakdowns of all the weekend’s club football fixtures with betting tips for each on our Premier League betting tips page.
More FST News: