- Stadio Olimpico
- BT Sport 1
- Click to Stream on bet365
- Lazio are on a poor run of one win in five Serie A games, but have still won five of eight home league matches this campaign. Only Juventus have won when visiting the Stadio Olimpico this term.
- Lazio’s eight home league games have featured a total of 34 goals.
- Genoa are winless in 14 Serie A games, and lost the last head-to-head meeting 4-3 at the tail end of last season.
- Only one of Lazio’s seven league wins have featured under 2.5 goals.
Lazio still worth backing, despite poor run?
Although Maurizio Sarri’s Lazio have won just one of their last five league matches, their tough fixture list has undoubtedly played its part. The Eagles have been defeated by Napoli, Juventus and Sassuolo in recent weeks to slip to ninth in the table, but still boast a strong home record.
Sarri’s team have won five of their eight home league games, losing only to Juventus, and have scored 22 goals in front of their own fans, more than any Serie A club other than Inter. Friday night’s match against Genoa, whose last league win came on 12th September, represents a perfect opportunity for Lazio to end a run which has brought them under increasing pressure.
Genoa beat fellow strugglers Salernitana in the Coppa Italia in midweek, registering their first win under Andriy Shevchenko, who has seen his team net just one goal in five league games under his tutelage. They have still won just once in Serie A this campaign, and are beginning to look desperate, after a 3-1 defeat by rivals Sampdoria in their last league outing.
Value to be attained by backing goals?
Backing Lazio to beat their hopeless visitors seems straightforward enough, but extra value could be attained by adding over 2.5 match goals into the mix; the hosts’ eight home league matches have featured a massive 34 goals, and Sarri’s team have only kept two clean sheets all campaign. Six of their seven league wins so far this term have featured over 2.5 match goals.
A Lazio win with over 2.5 match goals seems a strong play for Friday night’s encounter, with a 3-1 home triumph looking a decent correct score prediction.
*To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours
- 15 Feb