Bologna vs AC Milan Predictions, Betting Tips and Match Previews
Bologna vs AC Milan predictions ahead of this Serie A clash on Tuesday. AC Milan need to bounce back following their European humiliation. Read on for our match preview and free betting tips.
Both Teams To Score @ 10/11
Draw 1-1 @ 6/1
Reason For Bologna vs AC Milan Betting Tips
Can AC Milan respond from their Europa League exit this week? The Rossoneri have had their trip to Bologna pushed back until Tuesday night, giving them more time to reflect back on a torrid night in Europe. They lost out to Olympiakos in their final group match, crashing out of Europe in embarrassing circumstances. That awful setback has left them with only one route into the Champions League next term – fourth place. However, Lazio are breathing down their necks, and another six sides went into the weekend within six points of them. Can the Rossoneri stay out in front?
Bologna are at the other end of the table, dropping into the bottom three. Former AC Milan forward Pippo Inzaghi isn’t enjoying the greatest time with his new side, as he’s on course to guide them back to Serie B. While he comes here with an impressive reputation, the former Rossoneri man has guided Bologna to two victories all season, which leaves them in huge trouble. Another defeat on Tuesday puts them in a dire position, but the hosts are really up against it here.
Milan may have crashed out in Europe during the week, but they are in a good position in the league. They went into the weekend leading the way in the race for the last Champions League spot. Given that this week brought more pressure on them to fix their finances, the only goal for them is going to be to return to Europe’s biggest competition. After losing one of their last seven league games, the Rossoneri are on the right track. However, they could do with improving at the back if they’re going to stay there.
AC Milan are looking to keep a clean sheet in consecutive Serie A matches for the first time since March. They’ve conceded 1.2 goals per game this season, letting in a goal in a huge 87% of their matches. They’ve tried to be more attacking under Gennaro Gattuso, but the bullish midfielder hasn’t been able to fix their issues at the back. Injuries to key men in defence hasn’t really helped the Rossoneri of late, that’s helped to leave them far too open throughout the campaign.
They come into this trip to Bologna having seen both teams score in 73% of their league games. The Rossoneri beat Bologna 2-1 home and away last term, and they are likely to ship another goal in this clash. The hosts have scored in five of their last six home matches, after a goal-shy start to the campaign. Given that they’re being led by a legendary poacher, their improvement isn’t a major surprise. As a result, we’re backing both teams to score in this one.
Head to Head
Bologna have lost each of their last five Serie A meetings against AC Milan. AC Milan have scored 219 goals in 140 Serie A games against Bologna (1.6 per game on average), more than any other team.
Bologna Team News
Erick Pulgar is a doubt for the hosts, he's unlikely to be risked with more important tests to come in the next few weeks.
AC Milan Team News
Mateo Musacchio and Alessio Romagnoli are close to a return, but this game may come too soon for them. Mattia Caldara and Ivan Strinic remain long-term absentees.
More Italy Serie A Fixtures
Bologna vs AC Milan Stats
- 11 points from 15 Serie A games marks Bologna’s worst start to a Serie A campaign since 2008/09.
- AC Milan have attempted the most passes in their own half in Serie A this season (260 per game), 100 more on average than Bologna(160).
- No team has scored more goals from outside the box than AC Milan (eight) in the top five European leagues this season, whilst Bologna are the only Serie A side yet to find the net from outside the box.
- AC Milan are the only side yet to find the net from a corner in Serie A this season, despite only four teams taking more corners than the Rossoneri (96).
- AC Milan have scored only two goals from set-piece situations in Serie A this season.
- Bologna’s manager Filippo Inzaghi made his Serie A debut as a coach with AC Milan in the 2014/15 campaign – 13 wins, 12 losses and 13 draws.
- AC Milan striker Gonzalo Higuaín has scored in two of his four Serie A matches at the Dall’Ara (three in total). However, his team have won the only two matches in which the Argentinian has not found the net.
|Bookie||Home Win||Draw||Away Win||Offer|
|Bookie||Home & Yes||Away & Yes||Offer|
|Bookie||Under 0.5||Over 0.5||Under 1.5||Over 1.5||Under 2.5||Over 2.5||Under 3.5||Over 3.5||Under 4.5||Over 4.5||Under 5.5||Over 5.5||Under 6.5||Over 6.5||Under 7.5||Over 7.5||Under 8.5||Over 8.5||Under 9.5||Over 9.5||Offer|
|Bookie||Home -1||Away +1||Home -2||Away +2||Home -3||Away +3||Away +4||Away +5||Away -1||Home +1||Away -2||Home +2||Away -3||Home +3||Away -4||Home +4||Away -5||Home +5||Offer|