Spanish football is back! La Liga returned this week after an achingly long three-month absence, and with still so much to play for in the Primera Division between now and the end of the 2019/20 season, supporters have plenty to look forward to.
The fútbol campaign made its comeback in typically gripping style on Thursday with the El Gran Derbi between Sevilla and Real Betis – a local feud that Los Nervionenses emerged as 2-0 victors from thanks to second half strikes from Lucas Ocampos and Fernando.
However, that enthralling derby clash was just the opening act ahead of a nine more Spanish top flight fixtures scheduled to take place over the next three days.
Today, we’re focusing on the games pencilled in for Saturday, and below our team of Spanish football analysts and tipsters have picked out some of the best #OOT OddsOnThat on Betfair from the weekend’s matches.
Read on to check them out!
Remember – we’ll be covering all the action in detail with match previews and betting tips on our La Liga predictions page.
What is Betfair’s #OddsOnThat?
Betfair’s Odds on That feature allows you create a customised multiples bet based on your own unique picks ahead of a particular football match. You can choose from a huge variety of markets and once you have decided on your selection, you can request a price for your acca from Betfair on Twitter using the #OddsOnThat hashtag. You can also back any of the previously requested #OOT choices, which is what we’re examining here.
Best #OOT La Liga selections
Espanyol vs Alaves (Sat 13th)
BTTS & 3+ corners for each team & 2+ cards for each team @ 9/2
- Both teams found the net in seven of Espanyol’s last nine league contests directly before the enforced hiatus.
- Goals were scored by both teams in 60% of Alaves’ last 10 La Liga away fixtures.
- Alaves have picked up 2.93 cards on average per league game this term, while Espanyol’s six red card haul is the second highest in the division.
- Espanyol have won an average of 4.3 corners pe game this season, while Alaves have won an average of 3.59. The sides won five and three corners each respectively when they met in August’s reverse league fixture.
Leganes vs Real Valladolid (Sat 13th)
Enes Unal to score in first half & Valladolid to win @ 22/1
- Turkish attacker Enes Unal scored twice for Valladolid in their 2-2 draw with Leganes earlier this season. One of those goals was scored in the first period.
- Valladolid avoided defeat in 50% of their 14 away fixtures so far this season.
- No La Liga club has conceded more goals inside the opening 30 minutes this season than Leganes (14).
- Leganes have the second worst home record in La Liga this term.
Celta Vigo vs Villarreal (Sat 13th)
Celta Vigo to win, BTTS, 3+ corners for each team & 2+ cards for each team @ 12/1
- Celta Vigo lost just one of their nine La Liga games in the lead up to the postponement of play. They beat Villarreal in each of the clubs’ last three encounters, including the reverse league meeting between the pair before Christmas (Villarreal 1-3 Celta Vigo).
- Both teams have scored in each of the last four meetings between Celta Vigo and Villarreal.
- Celta Vigo and Villarreal have won an average of 4.37 and 4.30 corners each per game so far this season.
- Three Villarreal players and two Celta Vigo players were booked when the teams last faced off in November.
Mallorca vs Barcelona (Sat 13th)
Lionel Messi to score first, Barcelona to score 3+ goals & 11+ total corners @ 25/1
- Argentine superstar Lionel Messi has scored 14 career goals against Mallorca.
- The world-class forward scored Barcelona’ first goal against Mallorca on two separate occasions in the past, and Messi bagged the opener in six different La Liga matches for Barca overall in 2019/20.
- Barcelona like to cut loose against the islanders, and scored three or more goals in five of their last six meetings with Mallorca.
- Only two clubs have conceded more goals in La Liga than Mallorca in 2019/20 (44 goals).
- Two of the last three clashes between Mallorca and Barcelona saw 12 corners awarded to both teams combined.
More FST News