Born in the south east of Ireland, Simon put his life-long love of football to good use when he started a successful independent blog in 2010. That opened up an alternative route to a career in journalism, and having had work published across a number of sites and publications, Simon joined the staff at Spotlight Sports Group in 2018.
There is no time for laurel resting in the Premier League and with limbs aching and muscles screaming, the division’s combatants head straight back into battle for another full midweek fixture programme.
We’re focusing on Wednesday’s five top-flight tussles below however, and we’ve done some spreadsheet surfing to bring you some of the best very best cards and corners betting tips for the evening’s Premier League matches, which we’ve combined into a huge 27/1 accumulator!
Remember – you can find detailed analysis and free betting tips for all of the top-flight mid-week matches on our Premier League predictions page.
Best bookmaker for cards and corners betting?
All of our tips and prices are quoted with bet365. They have the best range of markets for cards and corners as well as everything from match and team markets to Asian lines and handicaps for the more experienced bettors. We recommend you sign up for a bet365 account if you want to bet on cards and corners, or you can bet on mobile using their iOS app. New customers can claim up to £100 in bet credits.
27/1 Premier League cards and corners acca
- Manchester City had at least one player booked in three of their last four meetings with Burnley.
- Man City are averaging 1.1 cards per away game in the Premier League so far this season.
- Two City players were cautioned when the Citizens last visited Turf Moor for a Carabao Cup tie in September.
Betting tip: Over 0.5 Man City team cards @4/5
- Fulham have won fewer corners at home than any other Premier League team so far this season (34).
- Only WBA (69) have won fewer corners overall than the Cottagers (74) in the division this term.
- Leicester won six corners to Fulham’s five when the teams last faced off in November.
Betting tip: Leicester City corner match bet @1/2
- Premier League games involving Leeds have seen more corners awarded (228) than any other team’s fixtures this season.
- Leeds United’s league games are averaging a whopping 11.40 corners per 90 minutes overall in 2020/21.
- League fixtures at Elland Road have been averaging 11.33 corners per game this term.
Betting tip: Over 10.0 total corners @5/6
- Aston Villa won seven corners to West Ham’s three when the teams last squared off in November.
- Only Man City (8.09) have won more average corner kicks per home game than Aston Villa (7.38) so far this season.
- Aston Villa won 14 corners to West Ham’s three in the teams last two meetings combined.
Betting tip: Aston Villa -1.0 corner handicap @5/6
- Liverpool have collected the joint lowest number of cards in the league this season alongside Man City (22 each).
- Brighton meanwhile, have collected 31 yellow and three red cards so far in 2020/21.
- Liverpool have gathered the fewest number of home cards in the league this term, picking up just eight bookings combined in 10 games at Anfield overall.
Betting tip: Brighton -1.0 card handicap @21/10
Best value single: Yves Bissouma to be booked @11/4
Hard-hitting Mali midfielder Yves Bissouma has put himself on the radar of some of the Premier League’s biggest clubs with his combative displays for the Seagulls, though the talented anchorman has a habit of tackling his way into the referee’s notebook.
The 24-year-old has already served two suspensions this season for his one red and six yellow cards for Albion, and he might have to wield his mastery of the game’s dark arts again to stem the flow of Liverpool attacks at Anfield.
More FST News:
- 11 hours ago
- 1 day ago